This is a tried and tested (many times!) method for cooking our melt in the mouth, 25oz Salt Aged, Cote De Boeuf steaks. Before you start, take the steaks out of the fridge and bring them to room temperature. Then pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Bring griddle pan to a high heat (don't oil the pan) and also heat fan oven to 200 degrees.
- Lightly brush steaks with a good quality extra virgin olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Seal the steaks for 2 minutes each side on the griddle pan and then take off and onto a roasting tray.
- At this stage we like to add a very generous slice of kerrygold butter on top of each steak mixed with some fresh, finely chopped rosemary and thyme. Place the butter on top of the steaks before they go into the oven.
- Put dish into oven for 15/16 minutes for medium rare. After the 16 minutes is up, take out of the oven and put on a serving dish (cover loosely and rest for 8 minutes). Use a good knife to slice meat away from the bone and cut into slices for serving.
You can find out more about this product HERE!