How To Achieve The Perfect Bacon Ribs Dinner
Before you start, take the Bacon Ribs out of the fridge and bring them to room temperature. Then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C fan
- Half-fill a large roasting pan with apple juice, then add 2 carrots, 1 stick of celery, 2 onions (chopped in half), a garlic clove and 3 sprigs of thyme.
- Place the bacon ribs on top of the vegetables and cover the roasting dish with foil.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the foil and brush the ribs with a sticky barbecue glaze (we cheated and used a store bought glaze! :) ). Then finish on the barbecue for 2 mins per side for a delicious crispy skin.
Gremolata is a delicious condiment that adds a burst of freshness to any dish.
- 1 Cup of Parsley
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Lemon
- Olive Oil
- To prepare the gremolata, whisk together finely chopped parsley and garlic in a mixing bowl. Add Lemon zest and the juice of half a lemon.
- Then add a splash of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside until the ribs are ready to be served
Baby Potato Fondants:
- Baby potatoes
- 1 Garlic
- 100 grams of Bay Leaves
- 1 tablespoon of White wine
- 50 grams of Butter
- In a large pan, combine the potatoes, garlic, and bay leaves.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon of wine, then add the butter and cover the pan.
- Simmer for approximately 45 minutes, with the lid on, over a medium heat or until the wine is completely evaporated.
- Reduce the heat to low and fry the potatoes in the buttery mixture until the skins are crispy. Transfer to a serving dish with a sprinkle of Achill Island Sea Salt on top and enjoy!