Indian inspired marinade, from Chef Ben Dineen, that creates beautiful, tender lamb skewers for the BBQ. Expect to make 30 small skewers from one butterflied leg of lamb.
- 1 leg of lamb, 5-6 lbs, butterflied
- 1 onion
- One piece of ginger peeled and chopped (3 inches long)
- 6 fl. oz lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Quarter tsp ground nutmeg
- Quarter tsp ground cinnamon
- Quarter tsp ground cloves
- 8 fl.oz olive oil
- 1 and half tsps salt
- Quarter tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
Put the chopped onion, ginger, garlic and 4tbls of the lemon juice into a blender and blend to a smooth paste. In a bowl, put the paste from the blender and combine with all other ingredients.
Carefully cut all fat and tissue from the meat and with the point of a knife, make lots of jabs on it on both sides. Cut the leg of lamb into 1" cubes and marinate. Place about 6 or 7 cubes on each skewer and sear the skewers on all four sides for about 5-8 minutes on each side.