From Farm to Fork

REARING BEEF FOR OVER 100 YEARS

Established 1915

1915

Padraic’s grandfather, Tom Snr., builds the family farmhouse and starts farming the land.

1930

Padraic’s father, Tom Jnr., takes over the family farm and shares the same passion as his father.

1970

Tom’s son, Padraic, marries Grainne. They settle down and continue to expand the farm.

1980’s

Recession hits and it’s no longer possible to make a living off the land. Padraic and Grainne start to think of other options to help support their young family. They’re both passionate about natural, good quality meat and an idea is born.

1990

After years of persistence and many meetings with different banks… Padraic and Grainne finally get a loan and open their first farm shop on Church Street Roscommon! The shop had one simple idea – all of the meat was fresh from their family farm.

1998

The shop is a huge success but they can’t keep up with the demand for good honest, farm fresh meat.

2000

Padraic and his son Alan open a state of the art, custom built abattoir right next to the family farm.

2008

Word spreads about their high quality meat and they continue to expand. As well as supplying some of Ireland’s top restaurants and retailers, they go back to their roots and open another farm shop on site.

2017

Their son Alan continues the family tradition of farming the land, caring for his animals and creating award winning beef and lamb.

Special thanks to the Roscommon Enterprise board for making this story possible.